Saturday, October 11, 2008

Grrrrrr Overlocker!


I have finally pulled out my new overlocker out of the box, that I got on Monday, to see how the thing works and already I have done something wrong because its not stitching at all, just makes this tangled mess!

For the life of me I cant figure out what I have done wrong, its probably a threading problem, even though I followed my mother-in-laws handy tip of just tying your new string on to the ends of the existing strings that are already threaded on the machine, and leting it pull the new string through when you sew. It did seem to work for 2 of the strings, but then the other 2 just snapped and I had to re-thread it - now the new problem of it being a tangled mess!!

Luckily I have a talented husband who knows more about sewing machines than I do, with his experience of working in his parents furniture factory many, many years ago, who can hopefully fix my problem!

How stupid of me for thinking I could pull it out the box and just "use" it - insert *rolleyes*!!


No comments: