Thursday, September 11, 2008

How it came about

Wow, where to start..

How about a bit about me - I'm a mum to 3 beautiful children who keep me on my toes, and I have a loving and (very) understanding husband of 8years. I have been a SAHM since falling pregnant with my first nearly 8 years ago, and its all this time at home (and 2 more kiddies in between) that I needed to find something else to do.

So, I purchased a hook, yarn and a "How to" of Crochet and off I went creating my first pair of pants - mind you, they were nothing flash, with my patient 1yr old not even being able to fit her legs in the leg part of the pants!! I wish I had taken a photo, but I was so determined to get it right that I unravelled the whole lot and started again. And this time they turned out. I was proud of this pair, and my daughter wore them quite alot, much to my husbands dismay, who referred to them as "Hippie Pants". I constantly got stopped and was asked where I got them from, and proudly said I made them myself. From there I made a couple more and started experimenting with skirts. My first skirt turned out perfectly and again I was stopped, being asked where I got it from!

From this I decided that I loved Crocheting, and my daughter can only have so many creations, that I decided to open up my Etsy shop to share my creations! So far I havnt come across anything else like it, and I'm sure people who are looking for uniqeness are going to love my designs. The way I would describe my creations is a "Modern take on an old craft" gone are the designs of beanie, cardi's and booties sets, but a fresh take with a new look.

Come visit my blog to find out what I'm working on, and how things are going. Woud love to hear what you think about my creations, or ideas you might have so please leave comments, I know it would be a good way to make my day :)

Thanks for reading
Anita
My Couture Creations

No comments: